WELCOME TO PAUL PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOL
Thank you for your interest in Paul Public Charter School (Paul PCS). Paul PCS is a family-first 6-12 educational campus that bridges generations of M.E.R.I.T. Scholars, educators and leaders in the heart of the Brightwood and Ward 4 communities. Here at Paul, we are developing Motivated, Educated, Responsible, Independent Thinkers – “M.E.R.I.T.” Scholars who are ready to face the rigors of college and eager to secure their place as global leaders who will address some of the world’s most pressing issues.
Open our doors and you will discover an exciting learning and classroom environment dedicated to taking your middle or high school Scholar to the next levels of academic achievement, leadership, and character development through discipline and diligence.
As you walk our hallways, you will see an active synthesis of information – students translating a rigorous classical literature pieces into an understanding of their daily lives, digesting a complex science concept, mapping out a modern dance routine or presenting their perspective on critical problems impacting our nation and the world, including what they can do locally through community service to create a brighter future for us all.
For over 20 years Paul PCS has worked to continue the strong legacy of academic excellence set forth by our founder, Mrs. Cecile Middleton. We are particularly proud that since 2010 hundreds of Paul graduates have been accepted to college and their entrance into an undergraduate career arguably outpaces the District average. I personally welcome you to enroll at our beautiful school, we have so much to offer you and your child. I am excited that you are considering choosing Paul and am eager to welcome you into the Paul community! Your legacy starts here and now.
Dr. Tracy L. Wright
Chief Executive Officer
Paul Public Charter School
SCHOLAR LIFE: OUR FOCUS ON THE WHOLE-SCHOLAR EXPERIENCE
Paul Public Charter School is committed to educating our students and developing in them the capacity to become independent thinkers, responsible citizens, and leaders.
WELL-ROUNDED GLOBALLY-MINDED CITIZENS
• Monthly Student Profile sessions and quarterly Student-Led PTA Conferences
• HS Global Citizenship seminar, including support for scholarship applications, FAFSA, and college planning (UPPER ACADEMY ONLY)
• Community service
COLLABORATIVE SCHOOL CULTURE AND COMMUNITY
• Over 24 athletic team opportunities, including basketball, track, tennis, and ski club
• Over 22 extended-day club opportunities, including STEM, yearbook, cooking, dance and music
STUDENT-FOCUSED EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• 10 Advanced Placement (AP) Courses for college credit and dual enrollment opportunities through UDC CARES and OSSE Scholars.
• Intervention programs and Homework Center for students who need extra support
• Low Student to Faculty Ratio 1:15
• Strong student support process with individualized academic and behavior plans
INDIVIDUALIZED LEARNING AND GROWTH
• Staff and scholars from over 28 countries
• Paul graduation rate is above the national average
• Over $2 million dollars in scholarship monies was earned by both the Class of 2019 and Class of 2020
DIVERSE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT FOCUSED ON EXCELLENCE
• Student government leadership
• Single-sex mentoring programs (e.g. Paul’s Pearls, My Brother’s Keeper)