Middle School students thrive when provided the opportunity to engage in meaningful lessons that enhance their understanding and deepen their critical thinking abilities. At Paul, we develop responsible citizens, independent thinkers, and leaders through our academics, arts and athletics model of programming. We also offer Kids Ride Free passes, free breakfast and lunch daily, and free afterschool for learners interested in the performing arts and STEM. Paul also hosts over 20 competitive athletic teams from intermural to varsity.
– Enroll today! Email: email@example.com to get started.
– Metro Passes and Meals Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Contact the MS Principal | Contact Paul about Special Education, IEP and differently-abled support here
PAUL PUBLIC CHARTER MIDDLE SCHOOL IS…
An attractive tuition-free, public school option designed for culturally diverse parents, students, staff, and community partners, with a clear identity that makes it stand out locally and nationally as a model of excellence.
We attract and retain the highest caliber teachers, staff, and leaders who are focused on establishing sustained, high levels of achievement and transformative outcomes for students. We hold our scholars to high expectations to ensure they become leaders and innovators of the now and the future.
BRIDGING THE GAP
Families will understand how they are the bridge to their scholar’s educational experience and that Paul demands high expectations from students and parents during their educational journey. Parents will feel confident, excited and reassured with their decision in choosing Paul for their scholar.
Quick Read: Paul PCS MS Academics
– ELA, Math (*Algebra I)
– Science (*Biology)
– Social Studies
– Electives: Performing Arts, STEM, P.E., Art, Drumming, World Language,*Spanish
– Interventions: Read 180, Math 180, NTN Math, Just Words, English Immersion (EL)
– Honors Classes for 7th Grade & Honors Art for 7th & 8th Grade Scholars
– Daily: Exit Tickets
– Weekly: Quizzes, Performance Tasks, Test (formative)
– Benchmark/Growth: Interim, Performance Assessment, MAP, PARCC
Read 180: Reading Intervention Program that supports scholars who read at least two years below grade level
Wilson Reading: Reading intervention program that focuses on extending foundational learning skills to scholars who have missed learning in the area of phonological decoding and application
Math 180: Math Intervention Program that supports struggling mathematicians build confidence and competence in mathematics
NTN Math: Math instructional strategies that help build mathematical concepts and build on mathematical connections
– Paul SMART (Studying Math and Reading Together) Saturday program is an academic intervention and test preparation program for scholars attending Paul PCS Middle School.
Resource Center (Homework/Tutoring Support):
– Our afterschool program that
provides scholars additional help with skills and concepts taught in our four content areas.
Enrichment Courses & Activities:
– HS credit bearing courses for 8th grade scholars
– Provide 7th and 8th grade scholars honors courses
– One World Creative Writing Program
– Essay Contests
– Diversity of History (course that allows scholars to learn history from the lens of minorities)
– Boys and Girls only mentor groups: Paul Pearls and My Brother’s Keeper
Paul PCS Internet Use Policy
Paul PCS Student Support Services Handbook
Only DC residents are eligible to enroll and receive a tuition-free education in the District of Columbia. Enrollment of the student in a DC Public School or public charter school must be conducted by an individual that has the authority to enroll the student, physically resides in the District, and can submit supporting residency documentation. Individuals who have the authority to enroll the student are Parent, Guardian, Custodian, Adult student, or an Other Primary Caregiver (who must meet strict requirements to qualify). To be a resident, the enrolling person must:
• Be physically present in DC; and
• Submit valid documentation of DC residency.
Valid documentation of DC Residency
The District of Columbia may use whatever legal means it has at its disposal to verify residency. Providing false information or documentation may result in the payment of retroactive tuition, withdrawal from school, and referral to the DC Office of the Attorney General for prosecution. The below chart displays valid documentation of DC residency.