Lunch Program

Breakfast and Lunch Program

Paul Public Charter School participates in the National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs.

We are excited to continue our partnering with Genuine Foods to provide excellent breakfast and lunch meals to our scholars for the 2020-2021 School Year


Learn more about our new partner here!

Learn more about our new partner here!

NEW! Grab and Go Meals at Paul on Tuesdays and Fridays

Breakfast and lunch for Paul scholars will be served Grab & Go style at Paul (5800 8th Street N.W.. Washington, DC 20011). The pick-up days will be Tuesdays from 3:00pm to 5:00pm and Fridays from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. Grab & Go food service will take place in the parking lot, please come to the 9th St. and Missouri Ave. (red building) entrance. We will need to collect your scholar’s name and grade in order to provide food.

In order to serve you better, we will also gather information from you about what lunch service times work best for you, and if you attended another food site during the March-June closure.

For questions regarding the food program, or to complete a FARM application, please email

Free and Reduced Meals Program

In order to qualify for a free or reduced price lunch, all families must complete a FARM application. Eligibility is determined based on federal income guidelines. More information about the FARM application and process can be found here in English (FARM application information – English) or in Spanish (FARM application information – Spanish).

Paul PCS accepts applications online (please email and or submit a paper applications. The paper applications are available to download via the links below; you can bring them to the school or have Paul print them for you by requesting an appointment from the Enrollment team. You can apply online by clicking the “MealTime Apply Online” button below!

Para calificar para un almuerzo gratis o de precio reducido, todas las familias deben completar una solicitud de FARM. La elegibilidad se determina según las pautas de ingresos federales. Puede encontrar más información sobre la solicitud y el proceso de FARM aquí en español (información de la solicitud de FARM – español).
Check out our MealTime program, here. You can access the payment portal to make payments on lunch bills, class dues, or other fees here.
Complete your Free and Reduced Meal application online here! You will need your scholar’s MealTime ID number, available in the recent mailer or by calling the Business Office at (202) 541-6614.

Meal Charge Policy

All students receive free breakfast at Paul PCS. Free and reduced price eligible students are not charged for lunch meals. Lunch bills are mailed home monthly and can be paid in the Business Office via check, cash, credit card, or money order.

Todos los estudiantes reciben desayuno gratis en Paul PCS. A los estudiantes que califiquen a precios reducidos o gratuitos no se les cobrará el almuerzo. Las facturas del almuerzo se envían por correo a casa mensualmente y se pueden pagar en la oficina comercial mediante cheque, efectivo, tarjeta de crédito o giro postal.

Paul Public Charter School Meal Charge Policy




It is the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to ensure that their child has sufficient funds on their account to cover all school meals and to keep abreast of their child’s account. The charge for students who qualify for reduced meals is $0.30 for lunch and students who do not qualify for free or reduced meals is $3.10 for lunch. Breakfast is free to all students. 

The purpose of this policy is to establish consistent meal account procedures for Paul PCS. Unpaid charges place a financial strain on our NSLP budget. The goals of this policy are: 

  • To treat all students with dignity in the serving line regarding meal accounts. All students will receive the same meal regardless of account balance status. 
  • To establish a consistent policy regarding charges and collection of charges.




Business office (School Nutrition Services): Responsible for maintaining accurate charge records and notifying parent/guardians with written documentation of outstanding balances. Beginning July 1st, all enrolled families will be able to go online to complete a new FARMS application thru or may contact the Business Office for a paper application.  Both paper and electronic applications will continue to available throughout the year in order to obtain applications from students and families who express or exhibit financial hardships.  Also responsible for collection of debt and reconciliation of accounts

School Principals: Responsible for working with Business Office to obtain FARMS applications for every student.

Parent/Guardian: Responsible for timely payment.  Responsible for completing a FARMs application. 




Students and parents/guardians shall be notified whenever their account has a low or negative balance.  Unpaid balance letters will be mailed or emailed to families every two weeks. 

Graduating seniors and eighth graders must pay outstanding balances by June 1st.  Unreturning scholars must pay outstanding balances by June 30th

No charges are allowed for ala carte items of milk or fruit. 

In cases of repeated nonpayment, the Busines Office may evaluate individual circumstances to determine if the parents/guardians need assistance on completing a FARMS application or need referral to social services. 

The Business Office’s efforts to collect debt shall be consistent with district policies and USDA guidance:

  • SP 23-2017: Unpaid Meal Charges: Guidance and Q&A
  • SP 47-2016: Unpaid Meal Charges: Clarification on Collection of Delinquent Meal Payments

The Business Office shall maintain records of the efforts made to collect unpaid meal changes and, if applicable, financial documentation showing when the unpaid meal balance has become an operating loss. 

Monthly Menus:

May DC – 7 Day Lunch

Local Wellness Policy

Feel free to review our Local Wellness Policy for the 2020-2021 school here, linked here: Paul PCS SY20-21 Local Wellness Policy

Civil Rights Complaint Procedures & Non Discrimination Statement

Please refer to the Grievance Procedures page for information about filing a complaint. USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form. Click here to learn How to File a Complaint.

To file a program discrimination complaint, please complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form. You or your authorized representative must sign the complaint form. You are not required to use the complaint form. You may also file a program discrimination complaint by writing a letter to the Center for Civil Rights Enforcement. For additional information about what to include in your letter, see How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint, on our Web site. For information on the discrimination complaint process, contact the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Information Research Service, on (202) 260-1026 or (866) 632-9992 (toll free) or send an email to the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights at Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities, may contact us through the Federal Relay Service on (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

Mail your program discrimination complaint to:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Director, Center for Civil Rights Enforcement
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-9410

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights
regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions
participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,
color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation
for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information
(e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State
or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech
disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally,
program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination
Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office,
or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the
form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or
letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

DC Human Rights Act
Also, the District of Columbia Human Rights Act, approved December 13, 1977 (DC law
2-38; DC official code §2-1402.11(2006), as amended) states the following:

It shall be an unlawful discriminatory practice to do any of the following acts, wholly or
partially for a discriminatory reason based upon the actual or perceived: race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information,
disability, matriculation, or political affiliation of any individual. To file a complaint
alleging discrimination on one of these bases, please contact the District of Columbia’s
Office of Human Rights at (202) 727-4559 or

Paul PCS Food and Nutrition Services Contact For more information on the materials presented above contact William Henderson at (202) 291-7499 or









Connect with Support

Contact Paul PCS