The Student Support Coordinator is responsible for supporting the planning, implementation, and monitoring of Special Education and intervention for scholars with 504 plans and in the Student Support Process. This position is a 12 month position and reports to the Manager of SPED and Compliance. There are opportunities for virtual Fridays.
Compliance Monitoring (Special Education, 504 Planning and SSP)
- Support the Assistant Director of Student Support Services to ensure the network maintains compliance with federal and state laws/mandates relative to the provision of special educations services
- Maintain the organization’s dashboard to ensure the schools are meeting compliance benchmarks for former and current students served in special education and 504 plans
- Schedule and facilitate IEP and 504 meetings in accordance to guidelines mandated by IDEA
- Maintain SEDs database to ensure that schools are in compliance
- Support the Assistant Director of Student Support Services regarding any engagement with the Office of the State Superintendent of Education on matters related to special education
- Prepares documentation and reports data for the purpose of providing written support, conveying information, and complying with Federal and State regulations.
- Communicates information on laws, programs, services, and regulations to school personnel, parents, the Board and other key stakeholders for the purpose of understanding of special education programming.
- Support the implementation of the Medicaid Administrative Claiming process and direct billing of Medicaid-eligible special education services provided by the district, for the purpose of gaining fiscal resources.
- Support the Assistant Director of Student Support Services in implementing a comprehensive system for auditing special education records to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Conduct case management audits of SPED and 504 files
- Monitor the SSP dashboard to ensure that interventions for student in SSP; Maintain Stage 3 documentation and services of SSP
- Serve as the SSP liaison for the school, supporting the SSP administrator in ensuring that students are appropriately identified and receive services in the process
- Ensure 504 plans are implemented as in accordance with IDEA
- Maintain database for 504 plans to ensure that meetings are conducted annually
- Support school-based teams to implement services for students with IEPs , 504 and in the SSP process
- Support Director of Student Support Services with monitoring academic performance of scholars with IEPs, 504 plans and working with school based teams to ensure that appropriate interventions are in place for scholars with documented disabilities.
- Maintain database for school based services for scholars who are in the SS Process
- Support audit process for SSP
- Support the school with developing SSP interventions as needed
- Support SPED and 504 case managers by providing coaching and support in order to implement services for students
- Service as the SPEd department leader for the school
Programmatic Management and Oversight:
- Collaborates with Assistant Director of Student Support Services and the Director of Student Support Services to ensure compliance mandates are met in both schools
- Collaborates with the Assistant Director of Student Support Services to support cases with litigious implications
- Support Assistant Director of Student Support Services and the Director of Student Support Services in implementing professional development for the school
- Serve as a member of the school’s leadership team and SPED leadership team
- Maintains open lines of communication regarding special education and student support services with all stakeholders; lead responses to stakeholder concerns
- Serves as one of the network’s subject matter expert in all matters concerning special education and interventions
- Other duties as assigned