The Student Information System (PowerSchool) Administrator reports to the Strategic Data & Compliance Manager. The SIS Administrator is responsible for maintaining the Paul PCS student information system (SIS). The SIS Administrator will work collaboratively with school leaders, instructional staff, and operations staff to build and maintain the student information system (SIS).
Tailoring the SIS to Paul’s Needs
- Responsible for the beginning and end of year processes and yearly rollover
- Develops and update SIS processes, testing requirement plans, procedures, standards, and guidelines
- Identify products and services to improve data management at Paul PCS
- Code the basic SIS settings to meet the specific needs of Paul PCS including the connection with other network wide systems.
- Create custom reports using SQL, HTML, and CSS as needed.
Regular Data SIS Functions
- Maintains and supports the Student Information System (SIS) to ensure consistent functionality including but not limited to: data validation, identifying conflicts with the State Longitudinal Education Database, and making corrections as needed.
- Responsible for the overall SIS system administration to include the management of student and staff credentials, workflows, reporting, and system updates as needed
- Serves as the primary point of escalation for system operations and functionality issues experienced by end-users
- Coordinate the implementation and links between other network systems
- Create and manage SIS inputs for key items such as calendar, bell schedules, period schedules, and attendance code. grade storing and master scheduling processes.
- Manage the prior year close out and data storage in the SIS.
Providing Training and Technical Assistance for the SIS
- Oversees, develops and provides training, support, and troubleshooting guidance for SIS users
- Serve as the primary point of contact for end users needing support with the SIS and other closely related systems
- Develop Training Materials and technical support to families