The Security Associate has the immediate responsibility of maintaining a safe and secure learning atmosphere for staff and students. This includes assistance in controlling access to the building and grounds by unauthorized persons and assuring that all students report to their assigned instructional areas.
- Patrol public transportation routes and local businesses
- Patrol school building and grounds
- Act as a liaison between the administration and emergency service agencies
- Investigate all criminal incidents on school property and prepares a written report for the action of school administration
- Maintain a high profile to discourage disruptive acts
- Cover evening and weekend school activities
- Ensure that surveillance is provided of suspected problem areas
- Assist the administration with staff and student security awareness programs
- Operate security equipment (two-way radio, metal detector, x-ray machine, etc.)
- Provide coverage during arrival and dismissal times
- Serve as a member of the School Emergency Response Team
- Use school behavioral data to address safety needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to intervene in fights and to apprehend and detain persons. Ability to spend long periods of time walking and standing and to complete security patrol duties. Ability to patrol outdoors in inclement and extreme weather conditions.
- Required to work flexible hours, including weekends, as assigned by the school administration to provide maximum security coverage. Required occasionally to work overtime.