Under the direction of the Executive Director of Operations, the Security Officer (Coordinator / Lead Guard) has the immediate responsibility for maintaining a safe and secure learning atmosphere for staff and students. This includes assistance in controlling access to the building and grounds by unauthorized persons and assuring that all students report to their assigned instructional areas.
- Is a part of the team that:
- Patrol school building and grounds
- Supports the investigation of all criminal incidents on school property (as directed by the school based teams) and prepares written reports for any action deemed appropriate by school administration
- Maintain a high profile to discourage disruptive acts
- Provide coverage during arrival and dismissal times
- Cover evening and weekend school activities
- Serve as a member of the School Emergency Response Team
- Operate security equipment (two-way radio, metal detector, x-ray machine, etc.)
- Use school behavioral data to address safety needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for connecting directly with School based leaders and Culture Deans to understand the inner goings on of the school and reporting those issues to the broader team
- Not a supervisory role
- Support with scheduling needs, filling holes when needed for OverTime
- Primary liaison between security team and Manager of the Team (Facilities Manager); while this is not a supervisory role, it is one in which this person serves as the voice of the team occasionally
- Lead a daily huddle, assigning lunch times and duty posts, and support in guiding the focused work fo the day
- Able and willing to have open communication with teammates and supervisors and school administrators regarding safety initiatives, to include but not limited to, in tense / intense situations.
- Ability to intervene in fights and to apprehend and detain persons. Ability to spend long periods of time walking and standing and to complete security patrol duties. Ability to patrol outdoors in inclement and extreme weather conditions.
- Required to work flexible hours, including weekends, as assigned by supervisor to provide maximum security coverage. Required occasionally to work overtime.