The Operations Coordinator and COVID Response Specialist provides assistance and support to the Main + Business Offices, Executive Director of Operations, and School Leadership, and also serves at the primary specialist for the COVID Response in our three schools/academies. The Operations Coordinator and COVID Response Specialist supports the Schools with family communication and the Business Office with management of ordering, reporting, communication, and data tracking Operations Department — ensuring critically smooth and efficient operations, and absolute confidentiality of information, files and records, all while offering Grade A Customer Service.
REPORTS TO: Business and Operations Manager
- Primary representative of the Operations team at the beginning of daily Extended Day programming
- Responsible for some site level inventory and distribution of supplies, materials, and some equipment.
- Support lunch duty daily for our schools, ensuring students adhere to behavior routines and expectations, and that meals are administered efficiently and properly
- Support ordering approved by Ops and Business Manager, especially to include but not limited to the ordering of meals and food-related events for staff and other stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Executive Director of Operations or Operations and Business Manager.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Serves at times at reception area for the Business Office or New Building Lobby and is prepared to support all stakeholders – to include leadership, parents, teachers and scholars.
- Maintain a positive attitude and style that contributes to the overall mission of Paul PCS
- Communicate with families and stakeholders with solid customer service that is aligned with the aims and position of the Schools and Network Offices; communication type could include phone calls, group texts, emails (group or individual), etc.
- Is available and willing to assist with other duties, as necessary.
- Serve as the in-house expert on all available guidance from the DC Department of Health (DC Health) and the DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) regarding K12 school reopening and stay up to date on any changes;
- Maintain supplies and accessibility, at each school, of personal protective equipment (PPE), cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, and other relevant supplies; and
- Implement the asymptomatic and symptomatic COVID-19 testing program; serve as the lead contact tracer for COVID-19 positive cases;
- Serve as a point of contact on all COVID-19 issues for staff, students, and families; contact and support families to collect all necessary COVID testing consent forms and track student eligibility for testing.
- Respond to any reports of symptomatic students or staff, including coverage of isolation rooms; and
- Report any positive cases to DC Health and to conduct the school’s contact tracing.
- Is available to work in the evenings/on weekends to respond to COVID-19 positive cases as needed;
Other Health & Safety Operations
- Primary back-up to the on-site nurse for distribution of parent approved medications (OSSE-required Medicine Distribution Certificate training will be provided upon beginning of employment)
- Responsible for management of in-person nursing scheduling and communication thereof to stakeholders
- Responsible for student immunization tracking, both COVID-related immunizations and other immunizations that are required by the city