The mission of Paul Public Charter School is to educate our students and develop within them the capacity to be responsible citizens, independent thinkers and leaders. Paul International High School (PIHS) is dedicated to providing students with a high-quality, diverse education that promotes confidence, cultural awareness, critical thinking, and agents of community change.
Paul creates a culture where students embody pride within themselves, the school and their community. Our purpose is to equip students with academic and cultural experiences that encourage students to continue to strive for excellence beyond our doors and live with the purpose of positive change within our society.
Sources for support and understanding of Paul Middle School System!
- Apply to Paul International High School today!
- Questions? Email us, anytime – Enrollment@paulcharter.org, se habla Espanol
- Paul PCS Internet Use Policy
- Paul PCS Family Handbook | Family Handbook in Spanish
- Paul PCS Student Support Services Handbook | Student Support Handbook in Spanish
LOWER ACADEMY LEADERSHIP Freshmen and Sophomores (9th/10th Grade)
- Brad Irvin Academy Director, Lower Academy
- Brittney Jones Academic Dean, Lower Academy
- Shari Griffiths Culture Dean, Lower Academy
- Melissa Taylor SEL Counselor, Lower Academy
- Ashley Jones Counselor, Lower Academy
- Brittne Jacobs Student Advocate, Lower Academy
The Paul PCS high school experience provides student-scholars with a strong culture of excellence and a learning environment where teens feel safe and supported. Our goal is to ensure that each scholar receives a well-rounded education that prepares them for college and career and supports their growth through academics, arts and athletics.
Paul International High School (PIHS) prepares students to enter and succeed in college and life in a global society through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum and leadership opportunities.
Our coursework engages students in active learning experiences that cultivate in them an intellectual curiosity about the world, respect for different cultures and perspectives, strong communication skills, and the drive to impact economic and social issues that affect today’s world. The success of our educational approach is evidenced by our scholars’ 100% college acceptance rate as well as by our college matriculation and persistence rates that double DC’s average!
As we continue to grow as a high school, we are excited to provide students with a challenging academic program, cultural experiences, and community service opportunities that provide a competitive edge in the college application process.
-Visit DC Public Charter School Board’s website to view our school profile.
-Watch our PIHS Admissions video here, or click the image to the left!
Welcome to Paul PCS! Entering our building, understanding our daily Morning Routine ⤵
Homeroom begins the first 15 minutes of every day – be there at 7:55am. Homeroom includes:
- Academic check-ins
- Social-Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Uniform checks
Morning, Transition & Dismissal
- Homeroom: 8:00-8:15am
- Transitions are 3 minutes in length
- 9th grade lunch is 12:10-12:49PM (Lower Cafeteria)
- 10th grade lunch is 12:10-12:49PM (Upper Cafe)
- Dismissal begins at 3:40pm (staggered by floor)
Remember Homeroom is mandatory attendance. If the student is not present, it’s considered skipping!
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES: A SECOND CHANCE AWAITS
ACADEMIC HELP & SPECIAL NEEDS AT PAUL INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
Paul provides comprehensive intervention services that address all levels of student need. We implement Read and Math 180 for scholars who need additional support to master grade level standards, and we also provide multiple wraps-around services to provide students with critical academic and social-emotional support, including foster care and homelessness. For more information about this program, contact Ms. Ragin, Director of Student Support Services, at email@example.com.
We also provide a strong EL program, which is designed to help English Learners (ELs) develop the linguistic, cognitive, cultural, and self-concept skills to successfully participate in the academic and social experiences at Paul PCS. We offer quality instructional language assistance that ensures all students are fully engaged in our programming and held to the same high standards.
– More information about enrichment and extended day opportunities at Paul International High School can be found here.
– For more information and updates on Paul International High School, please refer to the Announcement section of our website.