As we return to school in-person, our 6-8 grade teachers will continue to empower scholars through personalized learning and solution-based critical thinking skills. Through in-person Social Emotional Learning and the Google Suite, as well as free tutoring and hands-on help afterschool, scholars will connect to their daily subjects, teachers and peers.
The Paul PCS Academic Model encompasses 3-4 scheduled classes each day that begin with Homeroom. The Model has a 45-minute scheduled lunch time with scheduled office hours and clubs in the afternoon.
Last Day of School
- June 17, 2021
- Interim Assessment: Week of October 12th
- End of Advisory 1
Thursday, October 28th
- Final Exams- June 13th – June 17th
- Thanksgiving Break – Nov. 22nd – Nov. 29th
- Winter Break- Dec. 20th – Jan. 3rd
- Spring Break- April 11th – April 18th
- Doors open at 7:45am. Arrive by 7:55am. Lateness in the middle school is 8:00am, dismissal is at 3:40pm.
- On Thursdays dismissal is at 1:30pm for Staff Professional Development.
OSSE Mandates for Post-Covid Attendance/Mandatos de OSSE para la Asistencia Post-Covid
- Return to pre-pandemic attendance expectations – students are expected to attend in person
- To be eligible for remote learning, a student must meet one of the following conditions:
– Completed medical certification form
– The need to quarantine and
-Approved remote program by the PCSB
- Scholars are required to attend classes daily.
- Teachers will take attendance in the first 5 minutes of class and the last 5 minutes.
- Procedure allows teachers to monitor whether or not a scholar attended the entire class. Scholars must be engaged in the lesson and participating to be considered present for the class.
Note: Administration will contact you immediately if your child is marked absent for a class period.
Paul Attendance Policy