Hours On-site hours Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays from 8:30am to 1:30pm
Contact us email@example.com or call (202) 378-2268 to set-up an in-person appointment or receive remote help from the Enrollment team!
First Days of School Find out more about the Virtual Learning Model and Back to School
- 6th grade – August 17
- 7th grade – August 19
- 8th grade – August 20
- 9th grade – August 17
- 10th grade – August 19
- 11th grade – August 20
- 12th grade – August 21
About Paul PCS Middle & PIHS
The mission of Paul Public Charter School is to educate our students and develop in them the capacity to be responsible citizens, independent thinkers and leaders.
Paul’s engagement efforts during the Virtual Model include:
- Teacher and cultural incentives put in place to help motivate student learning.
- Classroom celebrations
- Schoolwide celebrations
- Virtual Field trips
- Merit Money
- Constant check-ins
- Progress Monitoring (Biweekly Progress reports)
- Power Hours
- Academic starter kit (supplies)
- Homework Center: After School Programming
- Structured Office Hours: 2:10-3:50
- Tech Support: Call 202-378-2269
- Sped Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ELL Support: email@example.com
Paul PCS Middle will be a Tier I school, and currently attracts culturally diverse parents, students, staff, and community partners, with a clear identity that makes it stand out locally and nationally as a model of excellence. Paul PCS Middle attracts and retains the highest caliber teachers, staff, and leaders who are focused on establishing sustained, high levels of achievement and transformative outcomes for students. We hold our scholars to high expectations to ensure they become leaders and innovators of the now and the future.
Paul International High School is dedicated to providing students with a high-quality, diverse education that promotes confidence, cultural awareness, critical thinking, and grows agents of community change. PIHS creates a culture where students embody pride within themselves, school, and community. Our purpose is to equip students with academic and cultural experiences that encourage students to continue to strive for excellence beyond our doors and live with the purpose of positive change within our society.
Homeroom & Advisory
- First 15 minutes of everyday – sign-on at 7:55am
- Academic check-ins, Social-Emotional Learning, reminders, uniform checks and goal-setting
- We are committed to engaging scholars for a full day, EVERY DAY
- We are owning the responsibility for providing a full service comprehensive educational program
- We are committed to increasing instructional minutes to provide more time for learning and academic support
Student Support and Special Education Commitments
- Comprehensive academic support for our English Learners
- Strong partnership with families and community resources.
- Supporting students with disabilities and unique learning needs – including IEP and 504 Plans
- We infuse socio-emotional learning (SEL) into the academic day for all scholars
Whole Child Support
- Virtual Field Trips
- Town Halls
- Extended Day Programming
INTERESTED FAMILIES 🔗QUICK LINK: How to Complete SY20-21 Enrollment Online
Seats are available to new and returning families on a first come first serve basis until each grade level is full.
If you have previously applied, please complete your child’s registration, space is limited. For additional support, our Enrollment team can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 378-2268.
READY TO APPLY? APPLICANT STEPS
All new families should adhere to the following steps:
STEP 1: Complete the common application online through www.myschooldc.org.
NOTE: To increase your chances of being matched with Paul PCS, please rank Paul PCS #1
STEP 2: Initial lottery results will be released in late March. Once you have been matched with Paul PCS, you will receive a notification from MySchoolDC. You will also receive an email and mailed letter from Paul’s Enroll team with next steps regarding the acceptance process.
APPLY IN PERSON
You can also come to campus to submit your paperwork in person at Paul PCS (5800 8th Street, NW Washington, DC 20011) by appointment. The form is attached in English here and is available in Spanish, French, Amharic, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, and other languages here. Do not email these forms. We can only accept these forms via DocuSign or in person.MATCHED AND RETURNING FAMILIES
All new and returning families must adhere to the following steps:
STEP 1: You will receive an email with a “snapcode” to begin the online enrollment process.
NEW FAMILIES: Click here to begin the online enrollment process. First time users will need to enter their “snapcode.” If you already started your application, click “Continue Your Work” on the right of the page.
RETURNING FAMILIES: Click here to begin the enrollment process for this school year. Once you enter your snapcode, you will be prompted to “Sign In”. If you remember your credentials from last school year, you can enter them here (there is a “Forgot Password” option) or you can create a new account.
If you have any problems with accessing the online registration form, please email us at email@example.com or call our hotline at (202) 378-2268.
STEP 2: Once you have completed your online enrollment form, you will receive an email within one week that invites you to complete registration, including providing proof of DC residency, virtually using DocuSign.
You will receive virtual registration information only after completing the online enrollment form. The deadline to complete this is June 15th
The person providing proof of DC residency must be the student’s parent or legal guardian/custodian. You may be asked to submit court documents to establish guardianship/custodianship.
If you are not the parent or legal guardian/custodian via court order, you will need to submit additional documentation to verify Other Primary Caregiver (OPC) status. These forms will be available in DocuSign but please reach out if you have any questions. More information on OPC requirements can be found here: English / Spanish
POST APPLICATION STEPS AND REQUIREMENTS
In addition to providing Proof of DC Residency, all families need to submit the following documents – all of which must be submitted via DocuSign or in person:
- Final Report Card
- The final report for the school year must show completion of the previous grade or be accompanied by a letter from the school stating your child successfully completed the grade. Your child’s grade level placement at Paul PCS is not guaranteed until this documentation is received
- Official Transcript
- (10th and 11th grade applicants, and 9th grade applicants who earned high school credit in middle school)
- The transcript review will determine the appropriate grade level and course placement. If a student does not meet the requirements for the grade level that they were accepted for, they may be placed back on our waiting list for the appropriate grade level. The final report card and transcript for the year must be provided at the end of June.
All students (NEW and RETURNING) must complete the following steps and provide the following documents in order to complete the enrollment process by the deadline given in your offer letter/email/phone call:
Additional steps or new families
*Note you need your InfoSnap code that was emailed or mailed to you. If you have not received your InfoSnap code, please contact the school’s Registrar: (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-378-2268)
STEP 2: Once you have completed the online enrollment, prove your DC Residency by completing this form and providing proof of DC residency, virtually using Docusign. The deadline for enrollment is June 15th.
- NEW: Immunization Documents are now required but can be submitted after June 15th (More Information | Más información)
- DC Child Physical & Oral Health Certificates
- Free/Reduced Lunch Application
STEP 3: (NEW STUDENTS ONLY) In addition to the above documents, NEW students must provide/complete the following documents to complete the enrollment process:
- My School DC Enrollment Form | Formulario de inscripción de Mi Escuela en DC en español
- Student’s Original Birth Certificate
- Proof of legal guardianship (if applicable)
- Copy of Individualized Education Plan (IEP)/504 plan (if applicable)
- Copy of student records from prior school
- Student Release Form
- Free and Reduced Lunch Form (to be completed after July 1)
- My School DC Seat Acceptance Form (included in DocuSign)
- Student Records Release
- Birth Certificate
- Copy of Individualized Education Plan (IEP)/504 plan (if applicable)
TRANSCRIPTS AND REPORT CARDS
The transcript review will determine the appropriate grade level and course placement. If a student does not meet the requirements for the grade level that they were accepted for, they may be placed back on our waiting list for the appropriate grade level. The final report card and transcript for the year must be provided at the end of June.
The final report for the school year must show completion of the previous grade or be accompanied by a letter from the school stating your child successfully completed the grade. Your child’s grade level placement at Paul PCS is not guaranteed until this documentation is received.
Office Hours for Enrollment
Paul’s enrollment team is available to assist you both remotely and on campus by appointment. You can reach the Enrollment team by emailing email@example.com or calling (202) 378-2268 between 8:30 – 5:00 pm daily.
Paul PCS Non-Discrimination Disclosure
Paul Public Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, or disability. You can read our entire Non-Discrimination Disclosure by clicking here. For questions or complaints of alleged discrimination, please contact our Business Operations Office at (202) 291-7499 x2260.
- DC Residency Verification
- My School DC: FAQ
- Submitting Enrollment Documents Using DocuSign
- Virtual Open House